To help you out, here are some frequently asked questions. If you have any further questions, please contact us.
- Q: IS THIS DRIVER’S ED?
We are not a Driver’s Education School. We are a Testing Only School which provides the official state road test that you will need in order to receive your driver license. However, here are 3 Driver Education Schools we highly recommend:
- Coach Henry’s Driving School– (801) 885-3433 (located in Pleasant Grove)
- A-1 Driving School – (801) 226-5500 (located in Orem, Provo, Spanish Fork)
- Independent Driving School – (801) 636-0542 (click HERE for location)
- Q: WHAT WILL I BE TESTED ON? WILL I BE TRICKED?
- Left & Right Turns
- Lane Changes
- One U-Turn
- One 3 pt. Turn
- One Up/Down Hill Parking with or w/out curb
- One Backing (along a curbside)
- One Parallel Park (this will be simulated with cones)
- Habits (signals, checking blind-spots, speed, etc.)
- Safety & Awareness (being courteous, alertness to hazards, traffic, etc.)
- Rules of the Road (traffic lights, road markings, signs, stop signs, etc.)
- Ability to control the vehicle in a safe manner
- Overall Driving Consistency
We will NOT ask you to do anything illegal during the test. That is purposely “setting you up to fail” and it is also against the rules we follow by the Division. So if something has been asked for, there is enough time for a legal and safe way to do it. If you’re not sure of the legal way, you may ask us before the test and we will be able to provide you the information.
- Q: IF I FAILED AT THE DLD, CAN I TEST WITH YOU?
- A: YES (to a degree) – If you’ve failed your test at the DLD, you can still test with us but there are 2 situations in which you won’t be able to.
- You cannot test the same day you tested at the DLD. 1 Test Per Day
- If you’ve failed multiple times at the DLD and are now required additional driving hours with an instructor.
- Q:HOW IS THE TEST GRADED?
It will be graded based on a point system involving what has been stated above. You will start off with 100 points and for everything that you miss, or do wrong, you will be deducted a certain number of points. You must have an 80% or higher on your driving test in order to pass.
Although it is a point system graded test, there are 2 other ways that you can fail. The 2 ways are:
- Quick Fail: – Consistently showing bad safety habits (3 or more times) during the test will result in failure such as;
- consistent one-handed steering
- not checking your blind-spot
- not signaling
- hard braking
- extreme acceleration
- incomplete stops etc.
Also showing inconsistent ability to operate the car in a safe manner can quickly fail you. The best way to help your success rate is constant EVERY DAY practice.
- Automatic Fail: – This is a result of any dangerous action or violation of the law. These are some common 1st time failures:
- Driving onto curb
- Hitting an object (cone, mailbox, etc)
- Improper Lookout (pulling out into an intersection w/out checking for traffic first.)
- Speed in School Zone (when active) or when Children are Present
- Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road
- Turning INTO/FROM the wrong lane (immediate danger!)
- Running red light or stop sign
- Q: WHEN CAN I TAKE THE TEST?
You must be at least 15 years of age and have a Valid Permit/Document in order to take the test. for other questions please look at Our Services. You CAN take your test before, during, or after you’ve completed Driver’s Ed. The test will be valid for 1 year to the date of the test.
- Q: HOW LONG IS IT? CAN I TAKE IT TODAY?
Yes! Due to the way we have set our testing times, we are able to accommodate you with a time to test today. We are on a “1st call, 1st serve” basis, so if you call to schedule a time to test now, your chances will be better.
the test will take an average 15-20 minutes.
- Q: WHAT DO I NEED TO TAKE THE TEST?
You will need 3 things:
- The price is $35.00 payable by Cash or Credit Card (we do not accept checks)
- A learners permit issued by the Driver License Division, or a license from another country with proof of approval by the division.
- Proof of Insurance & Current Registration of your Vehicle
Since we will be using your vehicle for the test, we ask that it is clean and clear of any debris. We also advise that you warm up at least 30 minutes on your maneuvers before you test.
- Q: DO I HAVE TO HAVE MY DRIVER’S ED FINISHED FIRST?
No – you can do your road test with us either before, during, or after you’re done with Driver’s Ed. We do recommend that you at least start your Drives & Observations with your Driving School to better your chances of passing your first time, but it is not a requirement. But how great would it feel to know that your end result is already completed!?
- Q: WHAT IF I KNOW I MESSED UP A LOT ON THE TEST?
We both know the answer… NEVER COUNT YOURSELF OUT! Do your best until the test is over and understand that even though you might think you failed, giving up will be a DEFINITE FAIL!
- Q: I PASSED MY ROAD TEST, WHAT DO I DO NOW?
When you have passed your Road Test with us, you will receive an envelope containing your test results that you will need to give the Driver License Division in order to obtain your driver license.
If you have completed your Driver’s Ed course and have passed your test with us, you may go down to the DLD and request your license (to make sure it goes smoothly, we suggest you take all your information you took to get your permit). If you have passed your test, but have NOT completed your driver’s ed, you must complete that first before you continue towards your license.
NOTE: If you have any legal problems or fees against you from the DLD, you might not be able to obtain your license until those are dealt with.
- Q: IF I FAIL MY TEST WHAT DO I DO?
You have 3 options if you do fail the road test: (1) you may retake the test with us. (2) you may take the test with the DLD. (3) you may take the test with another third-party testing school. Understand that failing a test is a result that could happen. That is why we encourage you to do your best to learn from your driver’s education and use your learner permit to the best of its ability. They will teach you all the requirements to pass the test. We want you to pass your road test the 1st TIME so get out there and PRACTICE!
- Q: WHY SHOULD I TEST WITH YOU?
As far as the Road Test is considered, there are no differences in the testing procedure between 3 Brothers, other third-parties, or the DLD. We all conduct the driving skills test exactly the same.
However! With us, you don’t wait in line! you don’t have to wait up to 1 1/2 months! It is a test without the migraine! consider us your “Fast Pass Ticket” to getting your license.
You’re still wondering what’s so different between 3 Brothers Testing and other third-parties. Then HERE IT IS!
We have the most flexible schedule (open 24 hrs), We are the Lowest Priced in the State of Utah! We are always up to date with the most current driving laws in order to help you, and most of all — If you cannot test with us, We will direct you to another Testing School who CAN and we guarantee no other school will do that!
- Q: REFUNDS
If we weren’t able to complete the test due to a problem you’re not at fault for (car breaks down, accident by others fault, etc), then you may be able to receive a refund or we can postpone your test for another time.
there are no refunds for completed tests or tests stopped due to the dangerous actions of the student.
- Q: ARE THERE REASONS I CAN’T TEST WITH YOU?
- If you’re permit or license is invalid (expired)
- If you have a Utah license and have been requested to take a road test by a physician, other medical professional or by a law enforcement officer
- If you have been requested by the Driver License Division to complete additional hours of driver training (due to failing too many driving tests at the DLD)
- If you had enrolled with A-1 Driving School PRIOR to June 05, 2010
- Q: ARE THERE REALLY 3 BROTHERS?